Monday, October 25, 2010

In The Begining

I am a Wife and a Mom and a Nutrition Enthusiast. And...a former junk food junkie. I grew up on pre-packaged foods, not home made meals. As an adult, I fell into old habits. I've never been much of a cook, so going out to eat or eating pre-packaged foods was just a way of life. After getting very overweight (160 lbs), I started a new job and sat right next to someone who was going through her own journey to healthy living. She introduced me to the idea of a raw food diet. My interest was peaked. I researched this way of eating and could not believe the amazing stories I found.  The food looked great and the healing that was taking place by these people simply by changing their diets was amazing.

My first step was the introduction of green drinks.  I ordered a Vita Mix and I was on my way. I started making green drinks as meal substitutions and lost 30 pounds. I've never been much of a veggie eater, but I loved drinking my veggies.  I'm not sure that I will ever be 100% raw, but I think any increase in raw fruits and veggies in an improvement.

Then I was lucky enough to meet a wonderful nutritionist.  I went aisle by aisle with her in the supermarket to fully understand the foods that I was buying and how artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, artificial sweeteners and artificial preservatives can affect our health and well being.
 
I am so excited about our family's changes that I want to share them with you. And I have to say - Here's to you Lauren and Melissa. I will never be able to thank you guys enough.

1 comment:

  1. You started a blog!! YEAA! I'm so excited :)

    Lauren
    http://www.teamgiles.com

    ReplyDelete