Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Green Smoothies for Kids

Did you read my Guest Blog featured on Team Giles?  It gave a little of my background, a horrible "before" pic and my vision for the future.  Check it out at  http://www.teamgiles.com/2011/04/guest-post-the-nutrition-mom/.

One of my goals is to teach Mom & Me cooking classes.  In these classes I want to make some Green Smoothies that are so yummy the kids will be begging for them.  The bonus, of course, is the amount of fruits and veggies that they will be getting, while making those cute green mustaches. :)

Try this one out and let me know your feedback:

Green Slime Smoothie
2 cups spinach
2 cups strawberries
1 banana (ripe)
1 tablespoon of honey (eventually you will not need an additional sweetener, but for starters you might)
1/2 cup ice
1/2 cup water

No comments:

Post a Comment