Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hot Lava Juice!

This was posted by one of my fellow IIN classmates and I loved it so much I asked her if I could share it with you guys.
 
Hot Lava Juice!
 
I am so excited- I actually was able to get my almost 6 year old daughter to drink a Green Smoothie- and really enjoy it. In fact, she asked for more!
It all came about unexpectedly, actually.  We were playing together, enjoying our girl time. She wanted us to pretend that we were Hot Lava Girls and had lava inside of us that could destroy our enemies (she has quite the imagination!)  Anyway, she  told us it was time to drink some lava  juice so that we could get more powers.
That is when a light bulb went on in my head: aha! let’s drink some real “lava juice.”  So I told Briana that we should make some real “Hot Lava Juice” together and she was all for it! She became especially excited when I told her she could be my trusty assistant! :)
So this is the recipe we made:

Hot Lava Juice
Frozen strawberries
Frozen Mixed berries
about 5 slices of cucumbers (mmm… i recently discovered how great they are in smoothies!)
kale
spinach
half of a banana
Orange Juice (fill up the blender about 1/4 full)
Water (fill to the top of all the ingredients)

It even turned out red, like lava! She liked it so well that she wanted it every day!
Now, my 7 year old son, on the other hand, is still very stubborn. He takes one look at a drink and says “Ew!!!” before he even tries it.
Hmm… maybe today I should play Hot Lava Dudes with him. ;) LOL

If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think! Just remember, it is so important to get your kids involved, and make it FUN!  Eating healthy does not have to be a chore!

Check out Kellie's blog at http://nourishedandnew.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment